Naruto RPG: Reformation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Naruto RPG: Reformation. New, Reformed, Naruto RPing. Currently the site is under Re-Construction. I am sorry for the wait, to all people interested in joining, and to our wonderful loyal RPers. However, we are working to fix it ASAP.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Custom Clan App (WIP)
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 6:20 pm by Ryuu007

» Howdy there folks
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:53 am by Number Z

» BACK TO TNRPG
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:53 pm by Jin Shinetsu

» 01000010 01101001 01110100 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01101001 01110000 01110000 01101001 01101110 00100111
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm by Mr Cold

» Lee Ihciako
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:32 am by Nakago Yaiba

» Back to School
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:32 pm by Keiri_Okami

» Items
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 pm by Nakago Yaiba

» Opinions.
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:09 am by Nakago Yaiba

» Changes I can make myself
A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:17 am by Uchiha Shinji

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics
Word Counter
Word Length: 0

A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) Empty
PostSubject: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Ren was eating dinner quickly tonight.  The Tsuchikage had just made him an offer earlier in the day and he wanted to be ready.  His aunt and uncle looked at him with shock.  They had not seen him this active in months.  They knew something must have inspired him to eat so hastily.

"Ren, honey, why are you eating so fast?"

"Yeah, boy, you eat any faster and you won't even need the chopsticks!" His uncle chuckled.

"I'm meeting someone tonight."

His aunt and uncle both stopped eating and looked at each other.

"You're meeting someone? Tonight?"

"That's it, boy! Look at him. One day here and already he has a lady waiting for him! Make sure you treat her right."

Ren's face showed some discomfort.  He didn't like talking about relationships with elders.

"No it's not that.  I'm meeting a man in the forest tonight."

"Oh. Uh. Well I'm sure he's a very nice gentleman." His aunt smiled.

"Whatever gets your chakra flowing, Ren. Just be very careful." His uncle awkwardly looked around and smiled.

Ren sighed.

"No no no it's not like that.  I met the Tsuchikage today.  He told me to meet him tonight and I might get some money out of it."

His aunt and uncle still looked uneasy about the situation.  When the meal was finished his uncle rose.

"Ren, come with me.  I've got something to give you."

Ren entered his uncle's room.

"Ren, you're becoming older now and you'll be on your own from time to time.  I want to give you something that may help in your adventures."

His uncle handed him a bundle of clothes.

"This is the training outfit your father wore when he was your age.  I had one just like it but it got a little to used up for you to wear.  Damn scorch touch. Anyway, put this on and head out."

Ren threw on the black pants and loose white shirt quickly.  The shirt was lightly burned at the cuffs.  He made a break for the door.

"Ren," His uncle interrupted. "Kick some ass for me."

Ren grinned and made his way to the forest.  Upon arriving he took to the branches.  Ren jumped from branch to branch heading towards Mt. Shumien.

I better use my byakugan to make sure I know when he gets here.

Ren activated his byakugan and sat on a branch at the base of Mt. Shumien.

Last edited by Ren Hyuga on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet
Name: Rivu Aiasan
Elements: Earth
Fighting Styles: ----------------- Taijutsu 45----------------------- Bukijutsu 45-------------------- Sensory 45----------------------- Ninjutsu 31---------------------- Genjutsu 11----------------------

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:18 pm

The earth always felt like home to Rivu. After his father ran off, he spent much of his free time outside. Learning the Hiding Like a Mole technique changed everything for him. The ground was cold and embracing, a comfortable and reassuring feeling. Using his hands, he clawed forward through the ground. He manipulated chakra to create solid platforms to grab and kick from. Doing this, improved his speed greatly. Within a short amount of time, the Leviathan arrived at his destination.

[Agility increases by 10 from Hidden Rock Squid]

He searched around the area, sensing for chakra signatures around him. As he approached the forest, he spotted it; like a wisp in the recesses of his mind, he saw the familiar chakra of young Ren Hyuga. A smile stretched across his face as he continued to claw through the ground. Rivu rushed towards him, situating himself directly behind the branch.

He righted himself beneath the topsoil. He crossed his arms and started to ascend, his body seamlessly appearing from the earth. He donned his signature robe. At the cuffs and along the bottom of the cloak, a dark brown stripe borders the edges. This brown fades to gray at the sleeves and chest. The cloak opens at the front, his red shirt and gray pants showing. At the collar, around his neck, his mother's blue scarf, a token of his dear mother.

[Agility bonus disappears]

Inside his pants pocket, he carried a small shogi piece, the king. It might be corny, but Rivu had a plan to train the Hyuga. A technique that had been used for many years by training shinobi. A little game of keep away. He hoped to leave a memorable mark on this potential trainee.

"Hello, Ren." He said, smiling up the branch to the young master of the Byakugan. "Come on down from there," he said with a slight chuckle. "Let's get started."

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Ren sat on the branch scanning for any incoming chakra.  He saw something rapidly moving toward him.

What is that thing?  Could it be the Tsuchikage?  He did sink into the ground when he left the shogi parlor.

Ren clutched a kunai tighter as he grew more tense.  He wasn't sure what to expect from the Tsuchikage.  He watched as the chakra sped towards him.  As the chakra rose out of the ground, Ren could see that it was in fact the Tsuchikage that was moving so quickly.

Guess being underground is his kekkei genkai. Heh.

The Tsuchikage was now out of the ground and looking up at Ren.

"Hello, Ren. Come down from there, let's get started."

Ren let go of his kunai knife and dropped down from the branch.  He landed in front of the Tsuchikage silently as the wind around him pushed outward, kicking up some dust.  He stood up slowly and looked at the Tsuchikage with a smirk.

"Alright, Rivu.  What do you have in mind?  Are we going to go on a reconnaissance mission?  Maybe you aim to harvest my eyes while we're alone?"

Ren said this with a grin but he was well aware of the potential danger he was in.  He no longer had his byakugan activated.  He was staring the Tsuchikage in his eye waiting to hear the reason why he was invited to the base of Mt. Shumien tonight.

Rivu doesn't look that serious.  This probably isn't a mission.  He would have given me some paperwork or something.  He could very well be after my eyes but I have a feeling I'm not the only Hyuga in this forest.  Damn, it's pretty chilly in this forest.  Guess the mountain nights are pretty brisk.  Why hasn't he said anything yet?

Ren had been staring at Rivu for two minutes before he finally got a response from the Tsuchikage.
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet
Fighting Styles: ----------------- Taijutsu 45----------------------- Bukijutsu 45-------------------- Sensory 45----------------------- Ninjutsu 31---------------------- Genjutsu 11----------------------

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Rivu snorted air through his nose. This Ren Hyuga, he's something else. His thoughts raced around the idea of even having a byakugan. Somewhat mortified by the idea, Rivu shook his head and flashed his eyes, as if to reset his brain. Still, perhaps I could have some fun with this one. He thought for a moment, lost in thought for a minute or two.

It didn't take long for him to realize that he was staring at Ren. Ah, damn it. For the love of Ōnoki, I was lost in thought. He let out a slight sigh. Great. Oh well, not too late to have some fun with him." Making as if he was taking the eye comment seriously, he smiled maliciously. He bared his teeth and stepped towards the young Hyuga.

From beneath his hairline, two fiery lines extended and came to a point at his temples. They fanned out, encompassing his entire face and spreading down his neck. With everything above his collar covered, he closed his eyes and it all faded to gray. As the gradient of change changed his eyelid gray, he opened it to reveal his blackened eye. With his yellow iris staring straight into the white eyes of the young man before him, he continued to step towards Ren.

"Rest assured, young Hyuga," he said, with a wide stretching grin. "If I wanted your eyes, I would already have them," he said, outreaching his hand to the young man's face, still about a meter away. He stopped in his tracks and stood there, staring into his eyes. With a heavy breath, he laughed loudly with three great yells and put his hand down.

The gray ignited into that splendid cacophony of orange and red. Rivu's black eyes faded to the familiar dull gray as the rest of his skin receded to normality. He laughed again at Ren, this time more softly. He tilted his head to the side and sighed heavily. "You're too easy," he laughed again and shook his head. "No, you're no shinobi of Iwagakure, you don't get your missions fro me," with a grin.

He reached his hands into his pocket and presented the shogi piece. "I was thinking that we could train, whatcha think?"
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Ren watched the Tsuchikage's face change horrifically. His facial expression didn't change but, his mind was racing.

What the hell is going on? His skin is changing to gray. Did he really invite me out here to kill me? Is he in a cult of some sort and trying to convert me against my will? I don't like the look of that at all. Why are his eyes like that!?

Ren blankly stared at the Rivu when he stretched his hand towards Ren as if to seem unimpressed but also not disappointed. Ren was still feeling very uneasy while Rivu laughed. Ren was somewhat relieved when he heard that the Tsuchikage would not be giving him a mission to go on. He looked at Rivu suspiciously when he reached into his pocket to reveal a shogi piece. Rivu told Ren his intentions of inviting him to the woods.

Training? Okay.

"Sure, Rivu. I'll train with you. Any special terms to our training?"
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

With the shogi piece still in his hand, he let a smile stretch across his face. This was a training technique that his sensei, Akemiro, had used on him many years ago. It was their first session together, after Rivu had attempted to steal from the Tsuchikage as a child. In order to gauge his young pupil's potential, he had played a game of keep away. With Akemiro's sensory abilities, Rivu's unparalleled burrowing techniques were little good, he had to perfect his Hidden Rock techniques before he was able to effectively steal the tile.

"It's simple," he said, still smiling at his to-be trainee. He closed his hand into a fist, clutching the king piece. Opening his grasp, the shogi tile fell to the ground at his feet. "To start, I need to know just how good you really are." He pointed at his feet, not taking his eyes off of Ren. "Take this piece away from me, I want to see what you can do."

He stood there, standing just behind the piece about half a meter. He pulled his arm back to his body; crossing both of them, he stood there and watched Ren, preparing himself for the moment that he would strike. In his mind, the flaming embodiment of chakra that signified the young Hyuga was all that he was focused on.

Hmm, an experienced Taijutsu user, I see; not to mention an affluence for fire. He wasn't good at analyzing situations, but hey, this boy was young and inexperienced. It would be wise for Rivu to practice self control on him, to practice gathering and acting on information. Hmph, I'll be ready for you. He clenched his fists behind his crossed arms, he was ready for just about anything Ren was going to throw at him.

"Go ahead, give it your best."
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Ren stood meters away from Rivu staring at the piece before him.

"So this is what you called me out here for? A training exercise. Hue. Alright then."

'Take the pebble from my palm, young grasshopper.' Oh jeeze this guy.

Ren stood staring at the Tsuchikage. He was contemplating every possible starting attack.

We're about two meters away from each other so I can launch some immediate attacks without running towards him. I could go for a sweep kick and knock the piece away from him. That would leave him free to attack me. Maybe Leaf Rising Wind to get him up in the air and snatch the piece. I don't know much about his speed. Hm...I got it.

Ren, in one quick and fluid motion, planted his left hand on the ground between him and Rivu. He kicked his legs up and spun. He stretched his legs out as far as he could and swung toward Rivu's head.

Now I'll reach for the piece while he's trying to block his head.

Ren reached out for the piece while his leg was in the middle of its swing. His hand was hovering over the piece when his foot was about the make contact. He grabbed at it.
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Ren let loose with a well choreographed technique. Taijutsu, I thought so. A smirk stretched across his face as a tremor rushed across his body. The burning red lines that had just so quickly receded moments ago came rushing back along his neck and face. Damn, there isn't enough time to show off a bit more. They crossed across the bridge of his nose as the lines faded to black.

Current Stats:

That foot isn't his main agenda. He thought as his eyes glanced down, Ren's hand, reaching for the shogi piece in front of him. Trying to distract me, Ren? You're going to have to be stronger or faster to pull this sort of technique off. With the added strength from the first stage of his Kekkai Genkai, he raised his hand, blocking the young Hyuga's topsy-turvy kick. With his far superior strength and dexterity, the offending leg stopped immediately upon impact.

His eye flared slighty at the feeling of using the cursed form. It's influence was like the suggestive allure of a freshly baked batch of cookies. It was a struggle for him, to keep his composure, but he would had done it before.

Forcing chakra through his opposite foot, he stepped forward slight. Quickly, but steadily, pushing his foot through the earth and, subsequently the king. His foot pushed it down about 3 inches until he solidified the ground beneath his foot. He stood there, bent forward a bit, food caught in the ground and hand raised to block the kick.

"Not bad," he said, still smiling at the young man, his head now slightly bent to face him at this somewhat awkward posture. "What else you got?" He thought for the brief moment, before Ren made his counterattack. I'm a bit exposed, let's see what this kid's got.

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Ren watched as Rivu stomped and sunk his foot into the ground.  He managed to only look mildly surprised.

I expected him to block the kick.  I can't believe he transformed right from the get go.  Maybe I make him nervous. huehue.  I definitely didn't see him burying the piece in the ground.  He planted his foot down all the way to his ankle.  That is interesting.

Ren had one free leg and he was ready to use it for Plan B.  He pulled his hand back from Rivu's feet and planted it next to his pivot hand.  He then brought his knee up to his chest and tensed his leg, preparing for a powerful kick.

Let's see if the rock can fly.

Ren pushed his cocked leg as hard as he could.  He pointed his toes up toward his shin and aimed his heel at Rivu's chin.

If this connects as planned it should give me enough time to dig a bit for the piece.  How does he expect me to get something he buried in the ground while trying to fight him off?
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Ren's body twisted as he went in for his counter attack. You're a lot quicker than I anticipated. He felt the nature chakra flowing through his body, influencing him like a bad drug offering a good high. I already activated my first stage of the curse, this guy is something else. His smile faded and was replaced by a complacent smirk. I panicked, a knee jerk reaction and my first stage arises, I'll have to be more careful. But I am impressed.

The kick came in right for Rivu's exposed chin. It was nothing he was unprepared for, however. Ren might be quicker than he expected, but his blows were not actually all that powerful. This did present him with a unique learning opportunity, however: fake outs. As the foot approached, Rivu withdrew his Cursed form, the black lines burned brilliantly as they faded to his natural skin tone. To add to the effect, he even Ren's foot indeed made contact, but not to the effect that he was hoping for.

[OOC: All stats returned to 40]

As soon as Ren made contact, Rivu pushed off hard against the ground with his feet. In reality, the blow did minimal damage. Acting as though he had been injured, he threw his body backwards, rotating slightly for effect. Because he was still using the Hiding Like a Mole technique, the earth around the piece was undisturbed and remained covered. While his body rag dolled and turned in the air, he weaved hand signs out of Ren's line of sight. Ram, Monkey, Horse, Ram. Rock Clone Jutsu! He thought to himself as his body hit the ground a few meters back. Well Ren, let's see how powerful your insight can be.

Out of the solid earth below, a rock clone took shape beneath the surface. Similar to Rivu's style, it swam through the topsoil to the shogi piece. Plucking it from its position, the clone swam to a nearby tree, the one Ren was originally set up in. Maneuvering to the far side, it rose from the ground out of sight. Meanwhile, the original began getting to his feet. "Nice kick, Ren." He said, wiping his chin with his sleeve. He wasn't hurt, but he hoped it sold the performance.

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Ren smiled as Rivu flew spiraling. He knew if the kick connected Rivu would be forced back a bit but he was surprised the kick worked as well as it did.

Hue. The kick connected and looks to be quite effective. A little too effective if you ask me. My family was known for their agility, not their strength. I better make sure he doesn't have a secondary attack planned.

Ren's face tensed. He focused his byakugan and began looking at the trees around him meanwhile keeping his face directed toward Rivu.

It's difficult to see anything with all these trees around me. Nothing...nothing...nothi-wait. The tree I was sitting in. What the hell is that?

Ren's byakugan was aimed behind the tree he was sitting on before Rivu met him. He watched as another Rivu came up through the dirt behind the tree like a sapling breaking ground to find sun. The second Rivu was clutching something in its hand. Ren smirked.

"So that's your game, Rivu? Neat trick. I'll have to learn it some time."

Ren crouched and sprang into action.

"Leaf Pinball!"

He propelled himself toward a nearby tree and pushed off towards another tree. He bounced from tree to tree in a bee line until he was positioned opposite of the second Rivu. Every landing and push were silent with the exception of some slightly cracked bark he landed on halfway through his jumps. Ren looked at the second Rivu and launched himself toward him.

"Leaf Left Bumper Strike!"

Ren extended his left leg outward and swung toward Rivu's head.
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Rivu watched as Ren put on the hilarious display. He jumped from tree to tree, rebounding to get to the rock clone. As he stood up, he couldn't help but laugh at the young man. That's quite the technique you've got there. He watched as Ren jumped, exerting no more chakra than the average jumping technique. "Nice jutsu you got there, kid!" He yelled out with another laugh as the boy made contact with his rock clone.

The rock clone may only be a clone, but he was Rivu's clone. As Ren made his approach, the animate pile of rocks threw the shogi piece into his mouth and swallowed. He may be able to destroy my clone, but that doesn't mean he'll be getting the shogi piece that easily. "Hmph!" He muffled, raising his hands to his chest. Here I come! He began to rapidly weave hand signs.

Dragon, Tiger, Boar! He started as the chakra he sensed within himself started to concentrate into his hands and feet. The ground around him began to tremble slightly and small portions of earth and rock began to rise into the air.

Ram, Dragon, Tiger, Boar! He continued three times. This time, the chakra within him started to change along his forearms, legs and neck. The small rising pieces of rock started to gravitate towards these areas as he kept weaving hand signs, his eye still glues to Ren as he bounced around.

Serpent, Ram, Dragon, Tiger Boar! Beads of sweat began to form around his brow as he continued those seals six times over. Chakra all over his body began to resonate fiercely within himself as the stones gravitated all over his body. This was expected; however, Rivu did not want this part of the technique, only the chakra. Earth Style, Hidden Rock Leviathan! A smile stretched across his face.

Current Stats:

Holding his hands behind him and kicking off with his feet, a brilliant flash of chakra illuminated the area at the end of his limbs. Chakra exploded out and propelled his body forward at tremendous speeds. In the blink of an eye, Rivu appeared next to the tree and the rock clone; Ren was on his final jump, leg extended right for the rock clone.

He crouched down, putting his right foot forward as he practically slid across the surface of the earth. He spread his weight to keep balance at the incredible speeds. Holding out his left palm, he expelled another burst of chakra from his hand and his forward foot. Almost as quickly as he started, he arrived and stopped; the ground immediately beside him showing some signs of distress.

Release! He thought, calming the chakra within him. The rocks around his feet that began to rise to his body fell to the ground as Ren's foot made contact, turning the clone to rubble. Rivu leaned against the tree as the rocks littered the ground, even revealing the shogi piece near his foot. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees how fast I just went.

[OOC: Stats returned to normal.]

This kid is something else, he must have seen through my feint. And that byakugan of his, how else could someone have seen the clone on the other side of that tree. Rivu smiled as he watched Ren's attack mere inches away. This Ren is different than the average shinobi, I'll have to talk to Zen'no about this one, eventually.

So he stood there, shogi piece at his feet and Ren falling through the destroyed clone. Now, where were we? What will you do now? He crossed his arms as he watched Ren follow through with his kick.

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Ren watched as the clone before him turned to rubble with the swing of his leg.  Before Ren's feet could touch the ground he saw that the Tsuchikage had appeared right next to him.  Ren's jaw dropped in shock.

What is this?  Did he have another clone right next to this one?  He couldn't have moved to here so quickly.  That has to be impossible!  I have to adapt.

Ren saw the shogi piece on the floor as he landed.

Fast or not "That piece is mine!"

Ren began to twist his body as he stood up.  He channeled his chakra to his hands the way he had learned from his father.

"Eight Trigrams"

He began to expel the chakra from his palms.

"Palm Rotation!"

Ren spun his body with his hands extended in opposing directions.  The chakra in his hands created a dome of energy around him.  At the eye of the chakra storm was Ren and the shogi piece while Rivu stood in the midst of the incoming chakra hurricane.  Waves of chakra energy his Rivu like a house full of angry ex girlfriends.  Ren's palms struck Rivu repeatedly in his chest and abdomen.

Now for the finish.

Ren let out a burst of chakra from his hands.  The burst forced Rivu far enough away to allow Ren to crouch and grab the shogi piece.  He held the piece with the smile of victory on his face.
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Rivu's eye flashed as he witnessed Ren's rotation. What is this, now? He squinted his eyes in a vein attempt to focus on what he was witnessing in his own mind. In the darkness, he saw the chakra signature of his adversary, and it was stirring. It doesn't appear to be an elemental technique of any kind. What is this technique? That's when the chakra began to expel.

Ah, so this is a power of the Hyuga clan, is it? He allowed a quick smirk to stretch across his face before jumping into action. There was no doubt that Ren was quick; Rivu, on the other hand, was much quicker. He crouched down slightly on his knees, shifting his weight down as he manipulated the chakra in his legs. He reached upwards with his right arm, extending his fingers straight. Chopping down through the air, he knocked Ren's rotating arms to the side, exposing his chest.

At the same time, he sank into the ground beneath him. He kicked upwards, colliding with the shoji piece on the ground. The king piece flew between Ren's legs and bounced off a tree behind him. Following through with the kick, Rivu's foot breached the surface and made contact with Ren's chest. Pushing off, he lept backwards into the air. As he reached for the ground, he prepared his hand signs once again.

He's stumbling; I won't need as much speed here. He pulled his hands to his chest and weaved. Dragon, Tiger, Boar! Earth Style, Hidden Rock Swordfish! He felt the chakra in his hands and feet swell as he reached the dirt. Clawing through, he pulsated this energy out and quickly maneuvered underneath Ren and his technique.

Current Stats:

He righted himself under the surface, turning in the direction of the young Hyuga. He opened his right hand to his side as he rose through the topsoil and the piece rose perfectly in his palm. Small portions of earth began to lift from the ground around Rivu's feet as he held the shogi piece in his hand. He chuckled slightly at Ren. "That's a very interesting technique you have there, Ren. Let me see it in action." He dropped to his knees and landed both palms onto the ground. "Earth Style, Golem Technique!"

Two large golems of stone emerged in front of the Tsuchikage and ran directly towards Ren. He looked up between the two of them and smiled. "They won't hurt you, Ren! Just show me what you can do!" He doesn't have enough strength to destroy them, in all liklihood. But I imagine that the force of that chakra could knock them straight onto their asses.

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Ren looked at the golems charging at him. He was examining their design trying to compose a proper plan for stopping them.

There's no way I can brute force a human boulder. I'd end up breaking my hand from a punch. Hm...maybe if I get them to collide with each other the force will destroy them both. I can't imagine they are very agile. Let's see if diamond scratches diamond.

Ren raised his hands and faced his open palms toward the golems. As they approached he began to crouch. When the golems were close enough Ren dove between the legs of one of the golems and planted his hands on the ground. He aimed his feet at the back of the golem he slid under and pushed off the ground. Ren's body flew in an arch up to the golem's back where he made contact with his feet. He channeled his chakra to hold his feet to the golem and prepared more chakra for his next move.

Let's see how this goes.

Ren crouched and sent the built up chakra to his feet. He kicked off and let out of burst of chakra on the golem's back. Ren back flipped onto the ground and knelt upon landing. The golem he just hit stumbled into the other and a large dust cloud ensued. Ren watched as he tried to catch his breath. The dust cloud subsided and all that remained was a pile of rubble. Ren rose and turned to face the Tsuchikage. A cocky smile stretched across Ren's face.

"Got anything squishier? I feel like I'm gonna end up destroying this forest trying to take out all your rock people!"

I hope he has something softer to fight. I don't want to start relying on ninjustu for this fight.

Used Techniques::
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Rivu squinted and bobbed his head back and forth in moderate approval. Interesting. He knew he didn't have the strength so he used the golems against eachother. "Hmph," he said, softly enough to not be heard by Ren, but audible. Kid's got talent, but those were small golems. Let's see how he handles an army. You want something softer?" He yelled out, releasing the golems. Rivu's thoughts flashed briefly to his time before even becoming a Tsuchikage. To a time where, to test his abilities, his sensei used clones like this. Weaker rock clones? He expelled air from his nostrils in amusement. Now I understand Akemiro-sensei; you were too strong for me, you had to use rock clones to test me. Well, why fix what isn't broken?

The golems cracked and fell to pieces as he clapped his hands together. "I don't know about softer," he laughed, weaving his hand signs. Ram, Monkey, Horse, Ram! "Rock Clone Jutsu!" As he yelled out, as six arms breached the surface around Rivu's footing.

Simultaneously, the six rocky clones took shape and color, matching Rivu in every regard. The six matching clones crouched onto the ground, supporting their weight on their knees, facing the original. He let out a soft chuckle. "I didn't do so well in my chakra manipulation, these clones have about half of the capabilities that I myself do." His gaze shot down to the clones in front of him. He nodded and they all stood to their feet, stepping in front of the original to face Ren. "Ready Ren?" He asked with a slight laugh. He dropped his voice's volume sharply and whispered: "Here they come..." Rivu closed his eyes and sighed in anticipation. Good luck.

"Attack!" He yelled out as the six rock clones burst into motion. In a line, they all ran straight for the young Hyuga.

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Ren looked intently at what the Tsuchikage was doing.  He was no longer surprised to see people rising from the ground.

So six clones?  Definitely better than more golems.  Let's see how fast I can take these guys out.

Ren stretched his arms and cracked his fingers while grinning at Rivu.

"You saw what I did to your first clone, right? I'll just have to leave you with six more rock piles to clean up."

Ren took his fighting stance and prepared himself.  The clones and Ren charged at each other.  Ren slid under the middle clone.

"Leaf Rising Wind!"

Ren thrust his foot toward the clone's jaw and launched it into the air.  He jumped after the clone and kicked him twice.  One kick to the side and another to the back which launched him toward the clone on the far right.  Ren flipped and brought his heel down for a heavy axe kick.  He looked at the other clones and waited in his defensive pose.

Two down.

Techniques Used:
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:27 pm

A smirk stretched across his face as Rivu watched the display. You are quick, but let's see how you handle a little pressure. Still on his knees behind the charging line of rock clones, he clapped his hands together once more. Ram, Monkey, Horse, Ram! "Rock Clone Jutsu!" Six more clones emerged from the ground, rapidly rising from the ground in stark comparison to the previous ones.

"Go! Charge!" He yelled to his clones who quick followed suit behind the previous clones. The four remaining clones from the first wave went long, wrapping around Ren as he completed his assault. The six reinforcements followed suit, surrounding the Hyuga boy in a circle of them. At the same time, Rivu pressed down on ground and, forcing chakra through his hands and feet, propelled himself into the air.

Ooooh, this is going to be fun. He hasn't seen this technique yet either. Let's see how he likes this one! His movement was unbelievable, he never seemed to fall below the crest of his jump as he came to a halt in midair above Ren. He hovered in that position, floating above his sparring partner as the circle of 10 rock clones grew tighter and tighter. Up isn't an option, think quickly young Ren! He thought, letting out a slight chuckle.

"Rock clones, charge!" He yelled out as all the rock clones dashed forward to attack the center of the circle, Ren. Rivu watched in amusement, making sure that he didn't try to simply jump from the clones. Nowhere to go, suddenly you find yourself surrounded. What do you do, young one? A smile stretched across his face as he closed his eye. He watched the fire burning in his mind, the now familiar chakra of Ren Hyuga. Let's see what you can do.

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:52 am

Ren tensed as the ten rock clones surrounded him.

Good thing I still have my byakugan activated.  Only thing that could take these guys down all at once would be a rotation.  I guess Rivu's up there to watch or stop me from evading.  We'll see about that. Hue.

Ren crouched and twisted his body.  The rock clones grew closer and closer to him but Ren didn't make a move.  Once the clones were beyond the point of no return Ren jumped and spun his body in the air.  He channeled chakra to his palms again and shouted.

"Eight Trigrams: Air Rotation!"

Ren became enveloped in a complete orb of moving chakra.  The clones were too close to stop themselves from running into Ren's attack.  Each clone received waves of chakra energy to multiple parts of their body.  Each clone jaggedly bent and grunted after each hit.  Ren looked up toward the Tsuchikage as his rotation began to slow down.  He brought his hand together quickly as the chakra faded.

Tiger, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger "Fire Release: Great Fireball!"

Ren took a deep breath and launched a large fireball aimed at Rivu.  Ren had sweat built up on his forehead and was panting.

Better make sure I have a backup plan.

Ren formed the Ram sign and disappeared into the trees.

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:46 am

Rivu's smiled as Ren stopped the chakra rotation. Hand signs, eh? Oh... a fire technique, I was wondering when you'd resort to that. Still, I'm not concerned. His eye flashed as he prepared a countermeasure. Almost cackling, Rivu started to laugh uncontrollably as the fire erupted from the young Hyuga's mouth. Always an elegant means of using a jutsu! He thought as the brilliant burning lines moved up his neck, moving towards his face where they met on the bridge of his nose.

[OOC: KKG Stage One]

These lines did not fade to gray, however. Instead, they kept expanding, encompassing the entirety of Rivu's flesh. His skin began to contort beneath the now changing skin tone. His legs grew in size and small spines protruded all around his body, enhancing his own armor. Curling his body together before he was completely engulfed by the flames, Rivu prepared for the blow.

[OOC: KKG Stage Two]

Current Stats:

The C rank fire technique passed over Rivu, doing minimal damage, but it had slowed him down somewhat. The flame subsided and, with animal like reflexes, he sprung his head out of his body, checking on Ren's position. He, however, had disappeared. Nothing remained but a dissipating cloud of smoke. "Bahahaha!" He let out, clutching his chest.

"Come on now, Ren!" He yelled out into the woods. Ren was only a Chuunin, there was no way that he could have gotten too far. Then, he spotted him. He hadn't run very far and was attempting to hide in a tree. A wicked grin stretched across his face. "You giving up already?! Hahahaha!" He yelled out, turning to face Ren's location.

In the blink of an eye, he disappeared. He zoomed through the air directly at his adversary's hiding spot. Probably to Ren's chagrin, he appeared inches from his face. Smiling with his good eye closed and the reignited orange lines on his own face began to disappear. "Shall we call it a day?"

[OOC: KKG Stages Dropped]

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Ren sat on a branch in a tree fifteen meters away from the training area.  He was breathing heavily after expending so much chakra in a short period of time.

Is the fireball gonna hit?

Ren peeked around the tree and watched his fireball.  The fireball flew up and engulfed Rivu.

Yes!

Ren watched as the fireball passed through Rivu and saw that Rivu was still floating.  He couldn't believe his eyes.  Ren pulled his head back and slowed his breathing.

He's still just floating?  That weird thing took the hit for him?  He shouldn't know where I am.  I just need to slow my breathing and hold still.  Don't give him anything to hear.

Ren silenced himself and waited.  He heard rustling around the forest.

He's getting closer.  He's going to find me. What's my plan now?

Let me handle him.

Ren's eyes grew when suddenly Rivu had appeared before him.

"Shall we call it a day?"

Ren nodded his head.
Back to top Go down
Rivu Aiasan
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Rivu Aiasan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Rivu smiled and tilted his head in a friendly manner to Ren. "You did well today," Indeed, he had. When the now Tsuchikage was his age, he could do little more than step in and out of stone. Here this one was with the power of incredible chakra control and the untold boons of the Byakugan. One day, this boy will be something magnificent.

"I'll leave you to it then. But," he said, raising his hand as he still floated in front of Ren. He placed his hand on the boy's shoulders. He opened his eye once again. "If you ever find yourself bored, you know where I work." He said, thinking back to the shogi parlor. It's the highest building in the skyline, I'd hope he didn't forget. "I could always use a fine shinobi for some mission work." He shrugged his shoulders.

"You get some money and experience, I get more paperwork, it's a win win." He said with a laugh. He lifted his hand from Ren's shoulder as he slowly backed away. He turned his head and started to pick up speed. Suddenly, he stopped. He smiled and shook his head. He turned his head to Ren and yelled back. "Oh, by the way, you can fly now!" He said, continuing to laugh as he left the forest to head back home.

This is someone I should talk to Zen'no about. In our hunt for powerful allies, we must sometimes look to those that are not too strong now. He snorted air from his nostrils as he cleared the forest canopy. They say the winter lotus blooms twice, and here he is, this powerful without any blooming at all. Whatever the future holds, we'll be ready. He sighed as the wind pushed back against the familiar lines started to burn up his neck. Mmmmm, I might let loose some steam first. He thought, shifting course away from the village.

[exit]

Used Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Ren Hyuga
Chuunin
Chuunin

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Ren tried to hide his smile when he heard the Tsuchikage's offer.

Do real missions?  I've been training a while to defend myself but I didn't think I would actually go out on missions.  It would help the family if I had some cash as well.

Ren's face turned to confusion when Rivu informed him that he could now fly.

Fly!?  How does that work?

Ren stood up as the Tsuchikage flew away.  He leaped off the branched and wobbled through the air as he took a crash course in aerial control.

I'm flying right now.  I can't believe I'm flying right now!

Ren zipped through the air to cool him off from his training session.  The sweat on his forehead blew away as he headed home.  Ren hovered near his window and entered his room.  Before he could even take off his shoes, Ren passed out on his bed.  His uncle peered in and smiled.

Looks like he might have made a friend.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)   A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rock Meets A Drifting Leaf (Flashback/Char Dev/Spar-no kill)
Page 1 of 1