Naruto RPG: Reformation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Naruto RPG: Reformation. New, Reformed, Naruto RPing. Currently the site is under Re-Construction. I am sorry for the wait, to all people interested in joining, and to our wonderful loyal RPers. However, we are working to fix it ASAP.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Custom Clan App (WIP)
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 6:20 pm by Ryuu007

» Howdy there folks
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:53 am by Number Z

» BACK TO TNRPG
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:53 pm by Jin Shinetsu

» 01000010 01101001 01110100 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01101001 01110000 01110000 01101001 01101110 00100111
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm by Mr Cold

» Lee Ihciako
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:32 am by Nakago Yaiba

» Back to School
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:32 pm by Keiri_Okami

» Items
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 pm by Nakago Yaiba

» Opinions.
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:09 am by Nakago Yaiba

» Changes I can make myself
Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:17 am by Uchiha Shinji

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics
Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Everything you wanted to know about Stats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Nakago Yaiba
Elements: Wind, Fire, Earth
Fighting Styles: Ninjutsu Master, Fuinjutsu Master, Taijutsu Master, Iryojutsu Master

Everything you wanted to know about Stats Empty
PostSubject: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Just figuring out what stats we have.

Strength: Physical ability in hitting. How much you can lift.
Stamina: How many spiritual (chakra, ki) based attacks you can use, how long you can last in a battle without tiring.
Defense: Physical ability to take a hit.
Endurance: Ability to take hits from spiritual attacks (chakra, ki).
Precision: How accurate your throwing is. How good you are at timing attacks and seeing attacks and traps.
Agility: How fast you can move.
Dexterity: Handsigns, flexibility.
Intelligence: How many actions you can do in one post.
Fate: The ability to change your own fate. By having a super awesome App, you get more fate. KYE will explain in more detail.

Last edited by Nakago Yaiba on Wed May 08, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

1.) you need to fix your code

2.) Intelligence shouldn't be how many actions you can do in one post. That should be the Stamina, because how many actions you do in one post is dependant on your ability to fight, how much chakra or ki you have left to stay standing and fight. Instead, intelligence should be something like how much knowledge you have about certain things, like jutsu, a village, or even an individual.

just my thoughts, dear.

So....with that being said, we need to find out ranges for these that go with ppl's ranks, and how strong a range would be, maybe base it off of TNRPG's as an example, just using it as one.

Also, we should cap the stats at 100 with bonuses that raise someone's stats above 100 being dependent on someone's SA's and or their Techniques that boost stats.
Back to top Go down
https://narutorpgreform.rpg-board.net
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet
Fighting Styles: Ninjutsu Master, Fuinjutsu Master, Taijutsu Master, Iryojutsu Master

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Stamina doesn't control how many things you can do, just your ability to do said things. Your MIND is what determines your ability to do things. A dimwit can maybe do 2 things per post, while a genius is capable of perceiving and doing many things at once, provided he has the energy for it. If you are smart, you can do more things in one period of time than someone who is not.

And I agree on the limits.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

ok, you win. But include Knowledge as a stat please, for the sake of the bookworm.

now begin ranges.
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Hun, knowledge is something you rp. It's not a stat, lol. You read a book and then you know it. If you want to start with certain knowledge, post it in your app.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm

okay i get what you are saying. Maybe I will add something about that to the rules so ppl don't godmod.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Nakago Yaiba wrote:

Stamina: How many spiritual (chakra, ki) based attacks you can use, how long you can last in a battle without tiring.
Precision: How accurate your throwing is. How good you are at timing attacks and seeing attacks and traps.
Fate: The ability to change your own fate. By having a super awesome App, you get more fate. KYE will explain in more detail.

Defense and Endurance. Now let me clarify this for myself. Defense is your ability to take hits from still like punches and stabs while Endurance is taking stuff from chakra based attacks? Not sure why these both aren't housed under the same roof. Explain the differences in depth please.

Precision and Dexterity should be housed under the same roof as well.

Intelligence...Your intellect I can't say it all determines your amount of actions done in a post. Your actual ability to DO is that. Depending on your activity, that is. Having 100 Agility (Should be changed to just "Speed"), you should be able to dash around your opponent slicing them multiple times in a second while retreating back. Your intellect should have no say in that.

I believe intellect should be kept in the stat guide because not only we could have some purpose in it, but it's a great RP stat to have, am I right?

I will brainstorm a greater purpose for Intelligence later, atm I'm kinda fuzzed.
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Nakago Yaiba wrote:

Ok range time!

STRENGTH
1-10: You're pathetically weak. So weak that if you tried to punch a wall, you would break your hand, you wimp.
11-20: Eh, you're a little better now. So you can actually punch harder than Pre-Shippuden Sakura. Congrats- NOT!
21-30: Hey, you're getting there. Your punches might make someone say "ow". You must be getting pretty strong there.
31-40: You're getting better. You can cause some bruising now. That's no smal feat.
41-50: You are finally on your path to strength. Your hits pack some serious oomph now, and can cause concussions.
51-60: You can break bones with your punches now. That is pretty scary.
61-70: When you hit brick walls, they shatter under your fists. That'd likely hurt you too, though.
71-80: Holy crap, did your punch just break the bones of that man's arm into dust!?
81-90: Please put down that giant boulder you just picked up! Stop causing craters with your fists!
91-99: That man just died from choking to death after you disintegrated his lungs with your fist.
100: That bloody stain on the floor? Yea, you caused it with a few punches.

You got the diference in END and DEF right. They aren't the same because they are different. There are characters in Naruto that can jump through fire and be unharmed, but a punch to the cheek still sends them flying. Their END and DEF were different.

Dex and prec are not the same because of the same reason.

Int... By things per post, it is meant to be more broad. You can do ninjutsu, run around, make a seal, etc all in one post. Someone who lacks the brainpower to think of all of that on the fly can't. They might be able to use a ninjutsu, then hide. Someone a bit smarter would do that ninjutsu, hide, then maybe do another ninjutsu.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:47 pm

I think there should be a limit to how many acxtions a person can do in one post, simply because if we allow someone to do too many actions, things could get really out of hand. I think doing 1-2 jutsu a post, or doing a ninjutsu, and a taijutsu in one post is fine, or maybe even doing a ninjutsu, and retreating into a tree to hide and using the camoflauge technqiue would be okay, but not...let's say...someone doing a ten+combo on someone in one post. that would be godmodding.
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Shinji
Otokage
Otokage
Uchiha Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:58 pm

The idea of multiple actions has been something I do a lot. I think your ability to do multiple things in a post should be based on coordination (Dexterity) and speed (Agility). The reason I believe this is because if the difference in speed is high, the person with the higher speed will be able to do more things than the other.

Now, if one were to say that their attacks all connect, THAT would be Godmodding, but using an eye technique while guiding a defensive technique already active and dodging should be within some characters' ability to grasp, and that's all at once - not mentioning the fact that one could be fast enough to do two actions to someone else's one.
Back to top Go down
Naisu
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Elements:
Fighting Styles:

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Got several things I want to discuss myself so here goes:

Defense vs. Endurance/Precision vs. Dexterity? lol

Yeah I'mma have to agree with Mou on this one, they should just be housed under the same roof. The difference is what attack is incoming, a jutsu or a fist to the face, this is not sufficient reason to have an additional stat area for it when it is SO MUCH easier to just lump them together.

Quote :
There are characters in Naruto that can jump through fire and be unharmed, but a punch to the cheek still sends them flying.

Okay this example doesn't even make sense. You're saying that because someone can be pushed back by a powerful punch, but can jump through fire (which doesn't emit force, it just burns and hurts a hell of a lot), we should have two different defensive stats? O.o

Okay so a punch from someone emits force which may be powerful enouch to push them back if they don't have enough power to do equal or overpower the force emitted. Fire however is more like energy sort of, and does it's damage through burning the skin and if hot enough through the rest of the tissue in the body, however depending on the fire, the fire is sometimes weak and burns slowly, which makes sense that they remain unharmed for awhile, they can just PUT OUT the damn thing.

Same goes for Dexterity and Precision, Bro, they are the same exact thing. No need for two stats for the same areas. Just saiyan (Don't even have a clever thing to say about that one.)

Stamina: (This is important people)

I'm afraid everything I'm saying for this portion comes from a dear friend of mine, Kontou. This was something we talked about on our old Naruto site (a site that died because he was/is in the hospital at the time for his heart problems Sad )

ANYWAYS this puts a bigger emphasis on stamina for when someone utilizes a certain percentage of their speed (their max stat in it basically), the energy it takes to maintain said stat would drain from their stamina / chakra pool. Basically if one uses over 75% of their speed/agility, it drains X amount from their chakra. (THis also brings up the need to talk about Chakra Guide, which I think will be our next topic after we finish talking about Combat Skills and this) Opinions/questions guys?

Reasoning for that is because IRL when you're playing B-ball and you start using your full speed, after awhile eventually you start to get tired and you can't input as much energy. Arguments could be made that ninja are trained to be able to exert their physical capabilities to the max much more easily than normal people but still, I thought it was an interesting concept on our site.

SO that was everything I want to talk about for now. Ball is in your court now admins ._.
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Shinji
Otokage
Otokage
Uchiha Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:43 pm

I understand where you're coming from.

Let's talk about game mechanics in general for a second.

Me? I love complicated systems that takes someone true time and effort to learn and use to their maximum. I'm a hardcore mechanic in the truest sense of the word - I am not creative enough to come up with a lot of things on my own, but give me a set of pieces and I *will* come up with a strategy, and the more pieces I have, the more that ability singles me out as better than the next guy. I fit things together. It's just what I do. I solve puzzles, and am at the core of strategic dominance in every game I play.

This is not true of everyone.

We need simple systems, and the less stats a person has to deal with, the better. I believe that we should have only one defensive stat. I believe that we should have only one 'dexterity' stat. I definitely believe that coming up with a system based around using your own natural ability that drains your stamina will be too hard to follow for your basic user - and will drive people away, because it's a mechanic that *everyone* will have to pay attention to.

It's not about what's canonically correct, sometimes - it is most times about what fits for the game.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 12:41 am

Quote :
STRENGTH
1-10: You're pathetically weak. So weak that if you tried to punch a wall, you would break your hand, you wimp.
11-20: Eh, you're a little better now. So you can actually punch harder than Pre-Shippuden Sakura. Congrats- NOT!
21-30: Hey, you're getting there. Your punches might make someone say "ow". You must be getting pretty strong there.
31-40: You're getting better. You can cause some bruising now. That's no smal feat.
41-50: You are finally on your path to strength. Your hits pack some serious oomph now, and can cause concussions.
51-60: You can break bones with your punches now. That is pretty scary.
61-70: When you hit brick walls, they shatter under your fists. That'd likely hurt you too, though.
71-80: Holy crap, did your punch just break the bones of that man's arm into dust!?
81-90: Please put down that giant boulder you just picked up! Stop causing craters with your fists!
91-99: That man just died from choking to death after you disintegrated his lungs with your fist.

Wanna point some things out here:

Well this is kinda fuzzy. You're physically weak, not glass bones. When my 4 year old niece punches me she doesn't break anything except my heart.

Towards the end, turning bones into dust and disintegrating organs are far fetched.

I think this could use a better description. 21-30 strength is capable to make someone bleed in a few punches, hell Pre-Shippuden Sakura did so in one.

Quote :
1 – 10: The individual is debilitated or severely handicapped in this attribute.
11 – 20: The individual is below average in this attribute.
21 – 30: The individual is average in this attribute.
31 – 40: The individual is above average in this attribute
41 – 50: The individual is comparable to Asuma Sarutobi’s strength.
51 – 60: The individual is comparable to Rock Lee's strength.
61 – 70: The individual is comparable to Shippuden Sakura's stength.
71 – 80: The individual is comparable to Might Guy's strength.
81 – 90: The individual is comparable to 4th Raikage's LRA strength.
91 – 100: The individual is comparable to Tsunade's CES strength.

Mini-rip from the old site. I think this comparison for strength is fine. We know these characters well and their ability.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 12:58 am

To fix all of these issues everyone has, including myself....I say we go retro here!

*Strength
*Constitution
*Stamina
*Agility
*Dexterity
*Wisdom
*Fate

Like we were used to doing before on TNRPG but, adding the new Fate Stat. This makes things simpler and easier for everyone, plus to me, it was a highly enjoyable stat system. who else agrees? The system for it, and explanations, thus, can be exactly as we are used to, but adding Kye's explanation about Fate, and that would cover stats!!! :3

Reference: Here

Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Sure, lets implement the exact same stat system from the site where everyone focused on hoarding stats instead of rping.

TNRPG doesn't even have the same ranks that we do, and it goes to 200, instead of the 100 limit we were going to use.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Either way, the stat cost per stat is exactly the same. I can raise the XP per stat a bit, but I think its fine.
Back to top Go down
Naisu
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Elements:
Fighting Styles:

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Okay bro chill out. You seem to be associating the stat system from TNRPG with the stat whoring that some people did (Mostly Taijutsu fags I may add >.>). The comparison system used wasn't the probleming, it was the boosting that people did to reach comparisons of legendary characters, and by this again, I'm talking about the taijutsu stackers mostly.

See we've already started making it so you can't get as many stats unless you seriously buckle down and enjoy the game as a legit rper (I know legit isn't right gramatically, it's slang but I like saying "legit" >.> <.<). (Also, it's not even close to the same system btw, only the comparison idea and the actual stats themselves are the same, but earning them is vastly different, and requires activity and good RPing to be getting decent stat rewards.

Now can we please steer clear of the "TNRPG" trashing in here, we aren't here to bitch about TNRPG, we're here to construct an epic and amazing site for everyone to love, and that offers some level of uniqueness (such as our Combat Skills and Fate and Infrastructure systems, and I have some more unique ideas which we'll bring up once we get done with the basics :'D)

Edit: Didn't see your post Mou, so just know this was directed towards Nakago's last post ._.
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Shinji
Otokage
Otokage
Uchiha Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:32 pm

It's going to happen with any system, unfortunately. If you're worried about such a thing, you're going to have to either push for no stats (something I see unlikely) or deal with it.

Calling the stats different things isn't going to change how people use them.

That said, I'm fine with using TNRPG's stats. Their system is derived from another, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

wth? It's not going to be just like that, and we aren't going to 200, just 100. With our system of EXP to spend on stats, and our posting rules, stat whorring should not occur. The stat system is just basically the categories of stats we will use, plus the new Fate stat, and the ranges, which make absolute sense.

*this post was also directed towards Nakago's post. Naisu, you're a great guy and made the point I wanted to make. Kye, you may be right, and in any case, this new system of doing things will make it more fair for everyone, I hope.

Last edited by Seiaryu on Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naisu
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Elements:
Fighting Styles:

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Kye wrote:
It's going to happen with any system, unfortunately. If you're worried about such a thing, you're going to have to either push for no stats (something I see unlikely) or deal with it.

Calling the stats different things isn't going to change how people use them.

That said, I'm fine with using TNRPG's stats. Their system is derived from another, anyway.

Unfortunately Kye has a point here, no matter the system, there are people who shall find a loophole and will find a way to stat whore basically, (First person I can think of that practically lives on loopholes is Tempian/Raeburn o.o)

But yeah it should be only going to 100, the only person in here who mentioned 200 was Nakago, and that was because he thinks we're simply copy and pasting the old TNRPG system, which again as I said before isn't the case >.>

We also should make sure when we explain these rules to members that they are "just references", and make sure to stress it as much as they can. Even if someone is 2x faster than you, you're not getting autohit all the time (After all, distance is very important in deciding this matters, just because someone can make two steps when you can make one, doesn't mean they'll insta-catch up to you, it'll take at least a few moments to completely catch up to a person who is also in motion.) Just wanted to say that for all you admins and such and including myself, for rulings.

Anyways in all honesty I don't think there is really anything left here to discuss except for the comparisons themselves and then we're done with this topic. (Yeah TNRPG's comparisons, I'm gonna fight real hard to change some things since I quite frankly didn't agree with almost every stat's comparison in some form or the other >.>)

But before we get to comparison shiz let's just make sure we're all on the same page. Yes we're going with TNRPG stats and their comparison thing (which kye said is a derived version from something else, it's not just exclusive to us, I've seen several sites with this kind of system), but it is not entirely the TNRPG system, we've made special modifications to this (and will be making some modifications I sincerely hope) system. Also new fate stat (Don't think we had any objections on that one but if we did, well screw you honestly we outvote you ;P I'm just kidding, and I apologize if that offended anyone whom it related to) is in place I believe.

Anything else someone feels must be discussed before I start my campaigns against the comparisons so I feel they are most accurate? Speak now or forever hold thy tongue! Razz
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Shinji
Otokage
Otokage
Uchiha Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Okay, the comparisons.

None of you were TNRPG staff except Mou, so only he knows just what kind of hell went on with the canon comparisons.

I'm going to highly suggest just not doing canon comparisons at all if you want to change them.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Lol.

Canon comparisons were rough because everyone had their own opinions on who should go where and who didn't deserve their spot. Overall, I still think Canon comparisons are a good choice. How else will one get an image on everyone's power? Asuma could defeat other Shinobi in a few punches, Rock Lee could break through earth with his fist and pull up tree roots. Sakura pops organs and broke bones. Guy forced your body quite a distance only to have you break through stone. Raikage punched holes in people.

Strength was by far the most organized.

I say if we just focus on tiers of power such as strength, we could make legitimate guides after the ones on TNRPG.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:12 am

I have no problem at all with using the comparissons from TNRPG either, and was just going to go ahead and copy/paste most of it/edit only slightly, if there are no objections to this, using our system that only goes up to 100 at most, stat boosts being the only exception which can grant you above 100. it wouldn't be hard to slightly alter the comparissons on the canon characters, but honestly I think we should leave those selected characters where they are in their levels of power for each stat. It's a good way to get an idea of how powerful that stat level is.

Now what's next? Anything else anyone want to add or put in, or shall we go ahead and post the stat rules/guide in the forums?
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Quote :
  • Strength

Strength represents muscular power. This affects your character’s ability to lift, pull, and push objects. It has a direct affect on your ability to throw a punch or stop an object.

1 – 10: The individual is debilitated or severely handicapped in this attribute.
    41 – 50: The individual is comparable to Asuma Sarutobi’s strength.
    51 – 60: The individual is comparable to Rock Lee's strength.
    61 – 70: The individual is comparable to Shippuden Sakura's stength.
    71 – 80: The individual is comparable to Might Guy's strength.
    81 – 90: The individual is comparable to 4th Raikage's LRA strength.
    91 – 100: The individual is comparable to Tsunade's CES strength.

• Agility
    Agility is your overall movement speed. How fast you run/sprint, covering distances, etc.

41 – 50: The individual is comparable to Haku's agility
    51 – 60: The individual is comparable to Sasuke Uchiha's agility
    61 – 70: The individual is comparable to Kakashi's agility
    71 – 80: The individual is comparable to the 4th Raikage's agility
    81 – 90: The individual is comparable to Minato's agility
    91 – 100: The individual is comparable to the 4th Raikage with LRA agility

• Constitution
    Constitution represents a person’s health, ability to take punishment, and their overall “tankiness.” This affects your character’s ability to take blows during a fight, fight off sickness, resist poison, and deal with pain.

41 – 50: The individual is comparable to Chouji's endurance
    51 – 60: The individual is comparable to Sasuke's endurance
    61 – 70: The individual is comparable to Rock Lee's endurance
    71 – 80: The individual is comparable to Killer Bee's endurance
    81 – 90: The individual is comparable to the 4th Raikage's endurance
    91 – 100: The individual is comparable to Jinchuuriki Naruto’s endurance

• Stamina
    Stamina represents both your physical energy and your chakra. How long you can keep on running or stay in a fight as well as how many jutsus you can use is covered by stamina.

41 – 50: The individual is comparable to Pre-Shippuden Sasuke stamina
    51 – 60: The individual is comparable to Kakashi's stamina
    61 – 70: The individual is comparable to Pre-Shippuden Naruto stamina
    71 – 80: The individual is comparable to Shippuden Kakashi's stamina
    81 – 90: The individual is comparable to Kisame's stamina
    91 – 100: The individual is comparable to shippuden Naruto’s stamina, with access to Kyuubi chakra.

• Dexterity
    How well your character is with their hands, “hand-eye coordination” is defined by dexterity. How accurate you are with weapons, your skill with swords, how fast you can form a hand-sign, and your ability with taijutsu is closely related to dexterity.

41 – 50: The individual is comparable to Haku's dexterity
    51 – 60: The individual is comparable to Sasuke's dexterity
    61 – 70: The individual is comparable to Kakashi's dexterity
    71 – 80: The individual is comparable to Neji's dexterity
    81 – 90: The individual is comparable to Killer Bee's dexterity
    91 – 100: The individual is comparable to Mifune's dexterity

Now some of ou may be saying "Where's the guide to Wisdom?" I didn't find it necessary to make one considering we give a guide saying "At 40 Wis you have slight precog etc etc..."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:58 pm

we're done with that.

Now that we know the stats and their ranges, we need to assign starting stat pools to the ranks.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:08 am

Genin- 110

Chuunin- 160

Jounin- 200

Anbu- 235

Kage- 250
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:17 am

this is wonderful! thank you Mou. I can finally finish up what I needed to put in the character creation page.
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:18 am

No it's not. He got the ranks wrong.

Academy Student, Gennin, Chuunin and Jounin. There are no ANBU and Kage ranks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:21 am

ok, well what if you start as a Kage or an ANBU? I mean..yes they are jobs, but we are going to need these jobs right off the bat. We just can't make up how many stats they get and ANBU should be very strong, strong enough to counter S ranked ninja, whereas of course a Kage must be strong enough to protect a village and fend off things like Bijuu. We need a stat pool for them.
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:24 am

Because even Kage have to train, hun. No one starts as an ANBU, and if they do, it has to be approved by their Kage. Besides, ANBU is for Chuunin and Jounin, and if we had the skills like that, then it'd be horribly skewed. Maybe, instead, if you start as an ANBU, you get +X many stat points, and starting Kage get +Y many points.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:32 am

I'm saying we need some ANBU because this is abrand new site. I'd like if each village had atleast 2 ANBU to start off with, and since We are starting with kage as well, it's be better if they had a set amount of stats to start with, something easy to do, like a stat pool that you can put points into for whatever CS's you're going to use. If we went Jounin stat pool +50-80 stat points everyone would go with 80. just saying......and since we don't know if said ANBU came from being a Chuunin or a Jounin, it's best to give them a more limited range as well. If you'd like to prospose x and y amount of stats added, can you please make the number.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:52 am

Desu Desu
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:25 am

you know what? I'm tired of waiting already. So...

we need a stat pool for:

Academy Student:
Genin:
Chuunin:
Jounin:

ANBU:
Kage:
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Shinji
Otokage
Otokage
Uchiha Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Academy Student: 90

Genin: 120

Chuunin: 150

Jounin: 210

ANBU: 240

Kage: 270

The reason I chose these numbers is they were...well, easy. An Academy Student can have a 15 in everything. A Genin can have a 20 in everything. A Chuunin can have 25 in everything. a Jounin can have 35 in everything. ANBU can have 40 in everything. Kage can have 45 in everything.

The largest jump is between Chuunin and Jounin. The reason I chose that place as having a large jump is because Jounin are generally chosen from the top of the Chuunin, and most Jounin should be able to take most Chuunin. Those Chuunin that are exceptional enough to be chosen as ANBU just skip that stage entirely, because clearly they were good enough to be promoted early.

The numbers don't seem all that high, to me, but what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:07 pm

it's fine with me, honestly. Besides XP will be awarded for good apps, so they can spend that on more starting stats if they want then you have your SAs, and besides that, RPing to get more is what will make it fun. I'll go ahead and add this into the template information and character rules and guidelines topic as well.
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:00 pm

So the ANBU who are Chuunin get 240 points instead of 150? Then what is the point of them being Chuunin?
Back to top Go down
Naisu
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Elements:
Fighting Styles:

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Nakago Yaiba wrote:
So the ANBU who are Chuunin get 240 points instead of 150? Then what is the point of them being Chuunin?

I have to agree with Nakago on this, Anbu is a Job on here, as is Kage. They should simply get extra stats for being an Anbu, but not being 240. Here's what I say:

Regular numbers
    Academy Student: 90

Genin: 120

Chuunin: 150

Jounin: 210

Job bonuses
    Kage: +30 stats which would be 240 since they were Jounin level.

Anbu: +20 stats because they are Anbu, so if they were a Chuunin Anbu then they'd have 170.

Some of you may be wondering:

Naisu, if these jobs give out extra stats, then won't everyone want to be Anbu? Well to answer this kiddies, no, just limit the damn number of Anbu that can be started per village. What the number is, you guys can judge, cause in all honesty it's beyond me lol ;3
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:20 am

5 ANBU PC's (player characters) Per Village for starting. After we have atleast 50 Members on the site and have Active people, we can increase the number to ten. ALSO this makes sense. I actually like this! So lets go with this instead of the other thing (also I appologize if I seem like I just agree with everything, but this isn't so, I agree with new ideas if i like them, and I like this!)
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Shinji
Otokage
Otokage
Uchiha Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:18 am

I honestly don't care either way, it just needed to be stated so I threw something out there.

Also, Nakago, to answer your question - they would get less starting techniques and Combat Skills. The idea is that they were promoted based on their natural talent.

Personally, I'm probably not going to promote some Chuunin to ANBU and I probably will only allow Jounin to be my ANBU starting out in Oto. It just seems to me that I would not pick some scrub when I can pick someone better. Because I have an 'eccentric' Kage, I can afford to do this, I guess. I know that they do it in canon, but I can't force myself to see why, unless they're just as good as the Jounin that was picked, and that's just not the case in most places.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:18 pm

I believe we are done with everything pertaining to how stats work....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything you wanted to know about Stats   Everything you wanted to know about Stats Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything you wanted to know about Stats
Page 1 of 1